The definition of a viewpoint is a way of looking at something.
If you believe you are paying too much in taxes and that everyone should pay a flat rate, this belief is an example of your viewpoint on taxes.
A position from which something is observed or considered; a point of view.
- After regaining emotional control, the student can then approach the other person, listen to the opposing viewpoint, consider the other person's thoughts and feelings, and discuss the problem to come to a compromise or solution.
- She couldn't agree with him more, but it was an unusual viewpoint for a man.
- She couldn't see the far end of the lake from her viewpoint, but she was able to see across the narrow panhandle.
- The only person who didn't view her as a sitter or maid was Yancey, and his viewpoint was as a lover.
- They're all several hours after the fact and come from an unusual viewpoint; not where there would naturally be someone observing.