Vet is short for a veterinarian (a doctor who takes care of animals) or short for a veteran (a person who has served as a soldier).noun
- An example of a vet is a person you take your dog to when he is sick.
- An example of a vet is a person who fought in the Iraq war.
- to examine or treat as a veterinarian does
- to examine, investigate, or evaluate in a thorough or expert way
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- To subject to veterinary evaluation, examination, medication, or surgery.
- To subject to thorough examination or evaluation: vet a manuscript.