- Vetted is having put someone or something through an extremely careful examination.
An example of vetted is the government having done a thorough background check on a possible employee.
- simple past tense and past participle of vet
- Of or pertaining to an investigation, especially one that has been completed.
- Only vetted nominees make it to committee hearings.
Variant of vet
transitive verbvetted, vetting
- to examine or treat as a veterinarian does
- to examine, investigate, or evaluate in a thorough or expert way
Informal to work as a veterinarian