unanimous[yo̵̅o̅ nan′ə məs]
- The definition of unanimous is a situation where all parties involved are fully in agreement and there is no dissent.
An example of a unanimous vote is one where everyone voted yes.
A unanimous thumbs up.
- agreeing completely; united in opinion
- showing, or based on, complete agreement
Origin of unanimousClassical Latin unanimus, unanimis ; from unus, one + animus, the mind (see animal)
- Sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord.
- Based on or characterized by complete assent or agreement.
Origin of unanimousFrom Latin ūnanimus : ūnus, one; see oi-no- in Indo-European roots + animus, mind; see an&schwa;- in Indo-European roots.