- The definition of unanimous is a situation where all parties involved are fully in agreement and there is no dissent.
An example of a unanimous vote is one where everyone voted yes.
A unanimous thumbs up.
unanimous definition by Webster's New World
- agreeing completely; united in opinion
- showing, or based on, complete agreement
Origin: Classical Latin unanimus, unanimis ; from unus, one plush animus, the mind (see animal)
unanimous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord.
- Based on or characterized by complete assent or agreement.
Origin: From Latin ūnanimus : ūnus, one; see oi-no- in Indo-European roots + animus, mind; see anə- in Indo-European roots.
- u·nanˈi·mous·ly adverb
- u·nanˈi·mous·ness noun