Supposedly is defined as according to what is believed.
An example of supposedly is a teen saying he did his homework, although his mother is sure she saw him talking on the phone.
according to what is, was, or may be supposed
supposed +"Ž -ly
- The interview excerpts repeatedly refer to girls' "supposedly innate longer attention spans and their natural facility with communication."
- Incidentally, he supposedly came on the radar as a result of a tip from this man or woman everyone's read about; the so-called psychic tipster person.
- From the town, is supposedly British, of unknown date.
- Donnie left with him, after supposedly gaining his mother's approval.
- It made her mind leap until she recalled she was supposedly on a spaceship.