crystal ballcrystal ball
- A globe of quartz crystal or glass in which images, especially those believed to portend the future, are supposedly visible to fortune tellers.
- A vehicle or technique for making predictions.
(plural crystal balls)
- A globe of glass or crystal used to foretell the future.
- The psychic looked into the crystal ball and saw into the future.
- (by extension, used mostly in the negative form) A way of seeing into the future.
- If her past is a crystal ball to her future, she will perhaps never be rich, even though she is a good, kind, educated, hard-working person.