- in, to, or at some place not known or specified: lives somewhere nearby
- at some time, degree, age, figure, etc. (with about, around, near, in, between, etc.): somewhere about ten o'clock
an unspecified or undetermined place
Also Chiefly Dial.somewheres
- At, in, or to a place not specified or known: found it somewhere in the woods.
- To a place or state of further development or progress: finally getting somewhere.
- Approximately; roughly: somewhere about halfway through.
An unknown or unspecified place: “A big dog, a hound with a strain of mastiff from somewhere” (William Faulkner).
- Unspecified or unknown (unlocated) place or location.