not in, at, or to any place; not anywhere
also Informal, Dial.no′wheres·
Origin of nowhereMiddle English nowher ; from Old English nahwær
- a place that is nonexistent, unknown, remote, etc.
- a place or state of obscurity
Informal to fail to make progress
middle of nowhere
Informal a very remote or isolated place
not by a wide margin
- Not anywhere.
- To no place or result: protested the ruling but got nowhere.
- A remote or unknown place: a cabin in the middle of nowhere.
- A state of nonexistence: an idea that came out of nowhere.
- No particular place, noplace.
- They went on a cruise to nowhere.