- Alternative spelling of black hole, especially in the attributive.
- (Internet) A place where traffic is silently discarded.
- (programming) A bit bucket; a place of permanent oblivion for data.
- (computing) DNSBL, used to block spamming IP addresses - are often called "blackhole lists"
- (Internet) A blackhole server, a DNS server that handles reverse lookups of invalid IP ranges
- One way of fighting spam is to use a blackhole list maintained on a blackhole server.
- (management) A resource sink.
(third-person singular simple present blackholes, present participle blackholing, simple past and past participle blackholed)