- giving off smoke, esp. excessive smoke
- like, of, or as of smoke: a smoky haze
- filled with smoke
- having the color of smoke
- having a flavor suggestive of smoke or smoked food
- darkened or soiled by smoke
- Emitting smoke in profuse volume: a smoky stove.
- Mixed or filled with smoke: smoky corridors.
- Resembling smoke: a smoky haze.
- Discolored or soiled with or as if with smoke: “The smoky Sicilian afternoon sun tinged the green landscape with red” (Mario Puzo).
- Tasting of smoke: smoky sausages.
(comparative smokier, superlative smokiest)
smoke +"Ž -y