- to shake or agitate (a liquid or something in a liquid)
- to apply (a liquid) lavishly or carelessly
var. of slush
- to splash or move clumsily through water, mud, etc.
- to splash about: said of a liquid
- the sound of liquid splashing about
See slosh in American Heritage Dictionary 4
, slosh·es verb, transitive
- To spill or splash (a liquid) copiously or clumsily: slosh paint on the floor.
- To agitate in a liquid: slosh clothes in a solution of bleach and detergent.
To splash, wade, or flounder in water or another liquid: sloshed through the creek. noun
- The sound of splashing liquid.
Origin: Perhaps blend of slop1
Origin: and slush
Learn more about slosh