- the manufacture of cheap clothing
- work that is carelessly done
- a. The manufacture of inexpensive, low-quality, ready-to-wear clothes.b. Cheap ready-to-wear clothes.
- Careless or hasty work.
(usually uncountable, plural slopworks)
- The manufacture of slops, or cheap ready-made clothing.
- Clothing of this kind.
- (figuratively) Hasty, slovenly work of any kind.
- No slopwork ever dropped from his [Carlyle's] pen. "” Froude.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.