- the manufacture of cheap clothing
- work that is carelessly done
- a. The manufacture of inexpensive, low-quality, ready-to-wear clothes.b. Cheap ready-to-wear clothes.
- Careless or hasty work.
(usually uncountable, plural slopworks)
- The manufacture of slops, or cheap ready-made clothing.
- Clothing of this kind.
- (figuratively) Hasty, slovenly work of any kind.
- No slopwork ever dropped from his [Carlyle's] pen. â€” Froude.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Websterâ€™s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.