- Sisterhood is the relationship between two female siblings or is the bond between all women.
The bond shared by all women is an example of sisterhood.
sisterhood definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state of being a sister or sisters
- an association of women united in a common interest, work, creed, etc.
- a belief in or feeling of unity and cooperation among women
Origin: Middle English sisterhod, sosterhode: see sister and amp; -hood
sisterhood definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state or relationship of being a sister or sisters.
- The quality of being sisterly.
- A society, especially a religious society, of women.
- Association or unification of women in a common cause.