- The definition of friendship is a relationship between people who like each other and enjoy each other's company.
An example of friendship is when you have a buddy with whom you like to do things.
- the state of being friends
- attachment between friends
- friendly feeling or attitude; friendliness
Origin: Middle English frendship ; from Old English freondscipe
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The quality or condition of being friends.
- A friendly relationship: formed many new friendships over the summer.
- Friendliness; good will: a policy of friendship toward other nations.