Nora is best friends with her SIL (sister in law) and wants her to be the baby's godmother.
An example of sister in law is the sister of your brother.
- the sister of one's husband or wife
- the wife of one's sibling
- the wife of a sibling of one's husband or wife
- The sister of one's spouse.
- The wife of one's sibling.
- The wife of the sibling of one's spouse.
The plural sister-in-laws is occasionally seen, but this is considered incorrect by most sources; see, for example, , despite being a common construction in American English.