- the act or process of shrinking; contraction in size, as of a fabric in washing
- decrease in value; depreciation
- the total loss in weight of livestock from the time of shipment to the final processing as meat
- the amount of such shrinking, decrease, etc.
- The process of shrinking.
- The amount or proportion by which something shrinks.
- A reduction in value; depreciation.
- The total weight loss sustained by livestock in shipment to a market.
- Loss of merchandise, especially through theft.
(countable and uncountable, plural shrinkages)
shrink +â€Ž -age
shrinkage - Investment & Finance Definition
The difference between inventory that a company believes it has on hand and what the actual physical count reveals the company has. Shrinkage may occur due to theft, loss, or damage. Record-keeping errors also can produce shrinkage.