- the condition of being crenate
- a crenate formation; specif.,
- a crenature (sense )
- the shrunken, notched appearance of a red blood cell, as when exposed to extremely salty solutions
- A rounded projection, as on the margin of a shell.
- The condition or state of being crenate.
- A process resulting from osmosis in which red blood cells, in a hypertonic solution, undergo shrinkage and acquire a notched or scalloped surface.
(countable and uncountable, plural crenations)
Latin crenatus, "scalloped" or "notched".