- any sea plant or plants; esp., any marine alga, as kelpin full marine seaweed
- any similar freshwater plantin full freshwater seaweed
This forest of seaweed is comprised of kelp.
Seaweed is a water plant, especially saltwater algae.
An example of seaweed is kelp.
- Any of numerous marine algae, such as a kelp, rockweed, or gulfweed.
- A mass of such algae.
- The sweet scent of rotting seaweed made her nose wrinkle.
- I thrust out my hands to grasp some support, I clutched at the water and at the seaweed which the waves tossed in my face.
- He has to be out there, caught in the seaweed at the bottom of Chesapeake Bay, with the fish and crabs having a party, getting as bloated as the fat Wassermann twin lying on the slab at the Norfolk morgue.
- Dusty and Darian, both drenched and covered in what looked like seaweed, were in the foyer.
- She did it again and again, moving into the brush, where the scent of rotting seaweed came from.