- Retentivity is defined as the power of retaining, or the power to retain magnetization.
- An example of retentivity is how well a business can retain their good employees.
- An example of retentivity is how well a substance can continue to stay magnetized.
- the power of or capacity for retaining
- the power of remaining magnetized after the force of magnetization has stopped
- a. The quality or state of being retentive.b. Capacity or power of retaining.
- Physics The capacity for a body to remain magnetized after the magnetizing field has ceased to exert an effect.
From retentive (from Latin) + -ity