Variant of practical
- of, exhibited in, or obtained through practice or action: practical knowledge
- usable; workable; useful and sensible: practical proposals
- designed for use; utilitarian
- concerned with the application of knowledge to useful ends, rather than with theory, speculation, etc.: practical science
- given to, or experienced from, actual practice: a practical farmer
- of, concerned with, or dealing realistically and sensibly with everyday activities, work, etc.
- that is so in practice, whether or not in theory, law, etc.; virtual
- matter-of-fact; prosaic
Origin: practic + -al
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.