- The definition of a powerhouse is a powerful or energetic person, or a building that creates electric power.
- An example of a powerhouse is a person who follows a strict workout routine every day.
- An example of a powerhouse is a local building that creates electrical power for the community.
- a building where electric power is generated
- Informal a powerful person, team, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- See power plant.
- One that possesses great force or energy: She is an editorial powerhouse.
powerhouse - Computer Definition
A fourth-generation language from Cognos that was introduced in the late 1970s for midrange computers. It supports both character-oriented, terminal-based applications as well as Windows clients. Applications developed under PowerHouse can be imported into Cognos' Axiant client/server environment.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.