- An example of a powerhouse is a person who follows a strict workout routine every day.
- An example of a powerhouse is a local building that creates electrical power for the community.
- a building where electric power is generated
- Informal a powerful person, team, etc.
- One that possesses great force or energy: She is an editorial powerhouse.
- A power plant.
powerhouse - Computer Definition
A fourth-generation language from Unicom Global (www.unicomglobal.com) that was introduced in the late 1970s for midrange computers. PowerHouse supports character-oriented terminal-based applications as well as Windows clients, and apps developed under PowerHouse can be imported into the Axiant client/server environment. PowerHouse was developed by Cognos, which was acquired by IBM in 2008. The PowerHouse product line was acquired by Unicom in 2013. See Axiant.