power plantpower plant
- the entire apparatus serving as the source of power for some particular operation: the power plant of an automobile
- a building where power, esp. electric power, is generated
- A complex of structures, machinery, and associated equipment for generating electric energy from another source of energy, such as nuclear reactions or a hydroelectric dam. Also called generating station . Also called power station .
- All the equipment, including structural members, that constitutes a unit power source: the power plant of a ship.
(plural power plants)
- A station built for the production of electric power; a power station.
- All of this areas power comes from the nuclear power plant across the river.
- The portion of a vehicle devoted to providing energy for motion; the engine or motor.
- A train without the power plant is just a bunch of metal boxes on wheels.