- something resembling a ball of fire; specif.,
- a large, bright meteor
- ball lightning
- a high-temperature, luminous ball of gas which forms shortly after a nuclear explosion
- Historical a ball of explosive or combustible material thrown as a weapon in battle
- ☆ Informal a vigorous, energetic person
See fireball in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A brilliantly burning sphere.
- A highly luminous, intensely hot spherical cloud of dust, gas, and vapor generated by a nuclear explosion.
- A meteor that is as bright or brighter than the brightest planets.
- See ball of fire.
Learn more about fireball