- Populate is defined as to occupy or fill with people or things.
- An example of populate is a large number of people moving to a newly-discovered island.
- An example of populate is planting hundreds of flowers in an empty field.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb pop·u·lat·ed, pop·u·lat·ing, pop·u·lates
- To supply with inhabitants, as by colonization; people.
- To live in; inhabit: creatures that populate the ocean depths.
Origin: Medieval Latin populāre, populāt-, from Latin populus, the people; see popular.
populate - Computer Definition
To plug in chips or components into a printed circuit board. A fully populated board is one that contains all the devices it can hold.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.