This bill is overdue.
- An example of something overdue is the arrival of a train that is running late.
- An example of something overdue is a credit card bill that was due a month ago.
The definition of overdue is happening late, or past the payment deadline.
- past the time for payment
- delayed in arrival or occurrence beyond the time set or anticipated
- that should have come about sooner: overdue reforms
- Being unpaid when due: an overdue bill.
- Coming or arriving after the scheduled or expected time: an overdue train. See Synonyms at tardy.
- Expected or required but not yet having come about: an overdue apology.