- The definition of an orator is a public speaker, especially a good public speaker who is very skilled at making speeches.
A great public speaker such as Steve Jobs is an example of an orator.
An orator receives applause.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person who delivers an oration
- an eloquent public speaker
Origin: Middle English oratour from Old French orateur from Classical Latin orator
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who delivers an oration.
- An eloquent and skilled public speaker.
- orˈa·tor·shipˌ noun