rhetorician definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person skilled in rhetoric
- a teacher of rhetoric
- a person who writes or speaks in a rhetorical, or showy, elaborate manner
Origin: Middle English rethoricien ; from Old French
rhetorician definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An expert in or teacher of rhetoric.
- An eloquent speaker or writer.
- A person given to verbal extravagance.