- singleness; unity
- unity of mind, feeling, or purpose
- sameness; identity
- The quality or state of being one; singleness or wholeness.
- Singularity; uniqueness.
- A state or condition of perfect harmony or accord: “He intuited global truths. He thrilled at his oneness with humanity” (Sally Jacobs).
- Sameness of character: the disagreeable oneness of roadside landscapes.
- Unison; agreement: oneness of mind and purpose.
(countable and uncountable, plural onenesses)
From Middle English *onnes, from Old English Ännes (“oneness, unity, agreement, covenant, solitude"), equivalent to one +"Ž -ness.