- The definition of unitary is something that relates to one unit or whole.
An example of something unitary is the government of the United Kingdom, multiple counties with one government.
unitary definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of a unit or units
- of, based on, or characterized by unity
- having the nature of or used as a unit
unitary definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to a unit.
- Having the nature of a unit; whole.
- Based on or characterized by one or more units.
- uˌni·tarˈi·ly adverb