nothingness definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality or condition of being nothing or not existing; nonexistence or extinction
- lack of value, worth, meaning, etc.; uselessness, emptiness, insignificance, etc.
- unconsciousness or death
- anything that is nonexistent, worthless, insignificant, useless, etc.
nothingness definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The condition or quality of being nothing; nonexistence.
- Empty space; a void.
- Lack of consequence; insignificance.
- Something inconsequential or insignificant.