- Present participle of monitor.
(usually uncountable, plural monitorings)
- The act of listening, carrying out surveillance on, and/or recording the emissions of one's own or allied forces for the purpose of maintaining and improving procedural standards and security, or for reference, as applicable.
- The act of listening, carrying out surveillance on, and/or recording of enemy emissions for intelligence purposes.
- The act of detecting the presence of signals, such as electromagnetic radiation, sound, or visual signals, and the measurement thereof with appropriate measuring instruments.
- The act of detecting the presence of radiation and the measurement thereof with radiation measuring instruments.