- The definition of mind-boggling is something very confusing, puzzling or hard to comprehend.
- An example of mind boggling is the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle.
- An example of mind boggling is when an avid chocolate lover hears that someone doesn't like chocolate.
mind-boggling definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- hard to comprehend; confusing
- surprising, shocking, overwhelming, etc.
mind-boggling definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Intellectually or emotionally overwhelming: “a mind-boggling bazaar of competing manufacturers and overlapping technologies” (William D. Marbach).
- mindˈ-bogˌgler noun