- The definition of masonry is the trade or work of building with bricks or stone.
An example of masonry is the work done to put the bricks on a brick house.
- a. The trade of a mason.b. Work done by a mason.c. Stonework or brickwork.
- Masonry Freemasonry.
(countable and uncountable, plural masonries)
- The art or occupation of a mason.
- The work or performance of a mason; as, good or bad masonry; skillful masonry.
- That which is built by a mason; anything constructed of the materials used by masons, such as stone, brick, tiles, or the like. Dry masonry is applied to structures made without mortar.
- The craft, institution, or mysteries of Freemasons; Freemasonry.
From French maÃ§onnerie.
Variant of masonry