stonework definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the art or process of working in stone, as in masonry or jewelry
- something made or built in stone; specif., masonry
- a place where masonry stone is cut and dressed
stonework definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The technique or process of working in stone.
- Work made of stone; stonemasonry.
- stoneˈworkˌer noun