This little girl has made up a story about being a super hero.
- The definition of made up is a person who is wearing lots of cosmetics on his or her face.
An example of made up is a woman with lots of blush and lipstick.
- Made up is defined as something that is not true or that is imaginary.
An example of made up is a story a child tells about living in a castle and being a princess.
- Made up means two people who had a fight have reconciled and gotten over it.
An example of made up is when two people fight but then apologize to each other and move on.
- put together; arranged: a made-up page of type
- invented; fabricated; false: a made-up story
- with cosmetics applied
- Having been fabricated; invented: a made-up story.
- Changed or adorned by the application of cosmetics or makeup: a made-up actor.
- a. Complete; finished: a made-up package.b. Put together; arranged: a made-up page of type.
(comparative more made-up, superlative most made-up)
- To make up the whole; to constitute.
- A church is made-up of its members.
- invented or fabricated
- He told me a made-up story of the events.
- changed by the application of cosmetics
- The clown was made-up hours before the show.
- arranged or put together
- The front page was made-up but had to be changed at the last minute.
- (UK, regional) delighted, pleased, thrilled
- I was made-up when the local team won.