- The definition of made to order is something custom-made to the exact criteria and specifications of the purchaser.
An example of made to order is a sandwich where you tell the chef what kind of bread, what kind of toppings and what kind of meat to put on it.
A person creating a made to order sandwich.
- made to conform to the customer's specifications or measurements; custom-made
- perfectly suitable or conformable
- Made in accordance with particular instructions or requirements; custom-made.
- Very suitable: a made-to-order job.