larger than lifelarg·er than life
The definition of larger than life is someone or something that is so special, famous, well known or important that it takes on an image of being greater than others of is kind.
An example of larger than life is an extremely famous band like the Beatles.
greater, grander, etc. than normally encountered; exceeding normal bounds: a hyperbolic use
larger than life
Very impressive or imposing: “This is a person of surpassing integrity; a man of the utmost sincerity; somewhat larger than life” ( Joyce Carol Oates )
- Alternative form of larger than life.
- It may be clothing worn in Dreamgirls to benefit the VH1 Save the Music Foundation or a pair of larger-than-life autographed legs signed by Mariah Carey for The Fresh Air Fund.
- These are the ones that are often relayed by the offended party - in cases like these, the waiter or waitress who was essentially stiffed by a larger-than-life celebrity.
- Among those topics is the undeniable fascination people have with the larger-than-life select few individual who seem to dominate the headlines internationally.
- Sure, those outwardly elegant styles are undeniably gorgeous - few can resist the allure of gleaming satin, larger-than-life gemstones and other intricacies.
- With larger-than-life characters and intricate plot lines, these episodes can leave us both confused and hopelessly wanting to watch more.