- a. Liberality in bestowing gifts, especially in a lofty or condescending manner.b. Money or gifts bestowed.
- Generosity of spirit or attitude.
Origin of largessMiddle English largesse, from Old French, from large, generous, from Latin largus.
(usually uncountable, plural largesses)
- (generosity): niggardliness, tight fistedness
Variant of largesse
- generous giving, as from a patron
- a gift or gifts given in a generous, or sometimes showy or patronizing, way
- nobility of spirit
Origin of largesseMiddle English largesse ; from Old French ; from large, large