of Java or its people, language, or culture
- pl. -·nese′ a person born or living on Java; esp., a member of a group of peoples occupying the main part of Java
- the Western Austronesian language of these peoples
Of or relating to Java or its people, language, or culture.
- A native or inhabitant of Java, especially a member of the Javanese-speaking majority population.
- The Austronesian language of the principal ethnic group of Java.
Origin of JavaneseJava 1 -nese (as in Japanese )
- A language spoken in Java.
From Java + -ese.