- An example of intercourse is the interchange of information and feelings in group therapy.
- An example of intercourse is how newly wedded couples finalize their marriage.
The definition of intercourse is dealings or communications between people, or a sexual act.
- communication or dealings between or among people, countries, etc.; interchange of products, services, ideas, feelings, etc.
- sexual intercourse
- any other sexual act involving insertion of the penis: anal intercourse
Origin of intercourseMiddle English entercours ; from Old French entrecours ; from Classical Latin intercursus: see inter- and amp; course
- Dealings or communications between persons or groups.
- Sexual intercourse.
Origin of intercourseMiddle English entercours, commercial dealings, from Old French entrecours, from Latin intercursus, a running between, interposition, from past participle of intercurrere, to mingle with : inter-, inter- + currere, to run; see kers- in Indo-European roots.
From Old French entrecours, from Late Latin intercursus