- An example of intercourse is the interchange of information and feelings in group therapy.
- An example of intercourse is how newly wedded couples finalize their marriage.
The definition of intercourse is dealings or communications between people, or a sexual act.
- communication or dealings between or among people, countries, etc.; interchange of products, services, ideas, feelings, etc.
- sexual intercourse
- any other sexual act involving insertion of the penis: anal intercourse
Origin of intercourseMiddle English entercours from Old French entrecours from Classical Latin intercursus: see inter- and course
- Dealings or communications between persons or groups.
- Sexual intercourse.
Origin of intercourseMiddle English entercours commercial dealings from Old French entrecours from Latin intercursus a running between, interposition from past participle of intercurrere to mingle with inter- inter- currere to run ; see kers- in Indo-European roots.
From Old French entrecours, from Late Latin intercursus