- the developing of contacts or exchanging of information with others in an informal network, as to further a career
- the interconnection, as over communication lines, of computer systems
- An example of networking is handing out your business card in a social event which is designed to provide opportunities for new business collaborations to form and to bring together prospective employers and talented new people that may be looking for a new employment position.
- An example of networking is exchanging contact information with people who have interests in similar areas.
- An example of networking is sharing and acquiring information between different divisions of the same company to share information and solve business problems.
- An example of networking is linking the entire network of computers to a print server to allow each workstation to have the ability to print documents.
- An example of networking is connecting a company's internal network to the Internet, either by installing a network access point or by connecting one computer to the Internet and sharing the access through the network.
- An example of networking is using the Internet to gain access to a supplier’s internal network to check on orders and receive customer service.
Networking is defined as the act of making contact and exchanging information with other people, groups and institutions to develop mutually beneficial relationships, or to access and share information between computers.
- Present participle of network.
- the act of working using computer network.
- the act of connecting computers into network.
- the act of meeting new people in a business or social context.
- The opportunity program, which lasts a year, includes events, advice sessions, seminars and networking opportunities.
- There was an opportunity for networking between institutions with the objective of putting together collaborative bids.
- Dancers, who are looking to give themselves an Internet presence, a method of networking with people of similar interests, or even just looking to stay in touch with friends, might also utilize a ballet background on their MySpace page.
- LovetoKnow Social Networking would like to thank Erik for taking the time to talk about the integration of business networks and social networks, and readers interested in learning more should pick up a copy of Socialnomics from Amazon.
- A website that focuses on young people and music is unlikely to be the right place to find social networking for investors and likewise a new parent social networking site is not going to be suitable for people looking to meet singles.