- The definition of infatuated is having a fascination or intense liking for something.
An example of infatuated is a person involved in a short, but intense, summer romance.
- lacking sound judgment; foolish
- completely carried away by foolish or shallow love or affection
- Simple past tense and past participle of infatuate.
(comparative more infatuated, superlative most infatuated)
- Marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness
Variant of infatuate
transitive verbinfatuated, infatuating
- to make foolish; cause to lose sound judgment
- to inspire with foolish or shallow love or affection
Origin of infatuate; from Classical Latin infatuatus, past participle of infatuare, to make a fool of ; from in-, intensive + fatuus, foolish: see fatuous