- The definition of infatuated is having a fascination or intense liking for something.
An example of infatuated is a person involved in a short, but intense, summer romance.
infatuated definition by Webster's New World
- lacking sound judgment; foolish
- completely carried away by foolish or shallow love or affection
- infatuatedly adverb
infatuated definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- in·fatˈu·atˌed·ly adverb
Variant of infatuate
- to make foolish; cause to lose sound judgment
- to inspire with foolish or shallow love or affection
Origin: ; from Classical Latin infatuatus, past participle of infatuare, to make a fool of ; from in-, intensive plush fatuus, foolish: see fatuous