- In a manner that is impossible to avoid or prevent.
- Inevitably, all creatures eventually die.
- The sun inevitably rises.
- Despite the town's best efforts, the dam inevitably gave way.
- The inevitably cold winter approaches.
- As usual; predictably; as expected.
- Inevitably, the next-door neighbour began to mow his lawn just as she lay down her head after a long night shift.
- The child inevitably began to cry when his mother went to work.
- The inevitably long line of customers queued for the latest 'Harry Potter'.
inevitable + -ly