- The definition of inductive is something that makes an action take place.
An example of an inductive response is a baby laugh making others smile.
inductive definition by Webster's New World
- Rare inducing; leading on
- of, or proceeding by methods of, logical induction: inductive reasoning
- produced by induction
- of inductance or electrical or magnetic induction
- Rare introductory
- Physiol. producing a change or response in an organism
Origin: Late Latin inductivus
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- inductively adverb
inductive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or using logical induction: inductive reasoning.
- Electricity Of or arising from inductance: inductive reactance.
- Causing or influencing; inducing.
- in·ducˈtive·ly adverb
- in·ducˈtive·ness noun