- The definition of inductive is something that makes an action take place.
An example of an inductive response is a baby laugh making others smile.
- Rare inducing; leading on
- of, or proceeding by methods of, logical induction: inductive reasoning
- produced by induction
- of inductance or electrical or magnetic induction
- Rare introductory
- Physiol. producing a change or response in an organism
Origin of inductiveLate Latin inductivus
- Of, relating to, or using logical induction: inductive reasoning.
- Electricity Of or arising from inductance: inductive reactance.
- Causing or influencing; inducing.
From Middle French inductif, from Late Latin inductivus