The definition of inductive is something that makes an action take place.adjective
An example of an inductive response is a baby laugh making others smile.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- Rare inducing; leading on
- of, or proceeding by methods of, logical induction: inductive reasoning
- produced by induction
- of inductance or electrical or magnetic induction
- Rare introductory
- Physiol. producing a change or response in an organism
Origin: LL inductivus
- inductively adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or using logical induction: inductive reasoning.
- Electricity Of or arising from inductance: inductive reactance.
- Causing or influencing; inducing.
- in·ducˈtive·ly adverb
- in·ducˈtive·ness noun