- The definition of deductive is something related to using principles of logic to figure something out.
An example of deductive reasoning is if someone says that they went to their car and now they have arrived and you are able to logically determine from this that the person went in their car to their destination.
- Of or based on deduction.
- Involving or using deduction in reasoning.
(comparative more deductive, superlative most deductive)
- Of, pertaining to, or based on deduction.
- (logic) Based on inferences from general principles.
Variant of deduction
- a deducting or being deducted; subtraction
- a sum or amount deducted or allowed to be deducted
- Logic the act or process of deducing; reasoning from the general to the specific, or from premises to a logically valid conclusion; also, a conclusion reached by such reasoning
Origin of deductionMiddle English deduccioun ; from Classical Latin deductio