The definition of deductive is something related to using principles of logic to figure something out.adjective
An example of deductive reasoning is if someone says that they went to their car and now they have arrived and you are able to logically determine from this that the person went in their car to their destination.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- Of or based on deduction.
- Involving or using deduction in reasoning.
- de·ducˈtive·ly adverb
Variant of deduction
- a deducting or being deducted; subtraction
- a sum or amount deducted or allowed to be deducted
- Logic the act or process of deducing; reasoning from the general to the specific, or from premises to a logically valid conclusion; also, a conclusion reached by such reasoning
Origin: ME deduccioun < L deductio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.