A hunter and his dog.
hunter definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who hunts
- a dog trained for hunting
- a horse trained to carry a rider over open country, as in fox hunting
- a watch with a hunting case
Origin: Middle English huntere
hunter definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One who hunts game.
- A dog bred or trained for use in hunting.
- A horse, typically a strong fast jumper, that has been bred or trained for use in hunting.
- One who searches for or seeks something: a treasure hunter.
- Hunter green.
hunter - Medical Definition
, John 1728-1793.
British surgeon who founded pathological anatomy in England.