Origin of horrendousClassical Latin horrendus from present participle of horrere: see horrid
The definition of horrendous is something really bad, horrible or awful.
An extremely bad and unpleasant experience is an example of a horrendous experience.
Hideous; dreadful: “Horrendous explosions shook the whole city” ( Howard Kaplan )
Origin of horrendousFrom Latin horrendus from gerundive of horrēre to tremble
From Latin horrendus, future participle of horrēre (“to dread”).
- On the other hand, if your friend or family member had a horrendous experience with a contractor, then heed the warning and stay away, regardless of the low cost the contractor may quote you.
- To prevent your lipstick from bleeding - a horrendous affect with red lipstick - place your face powder around the lips after applying your lip color.
- The injuries can be quite horrendous, yet participants show little concern for the well being of an animal they have put so much time into raising.
- Cinnamon and Frankincense are just the scents to calm you after a horrendous day at the office, in traffic, or surrounded by your screaming kids.
- Technically, the first Batman game was a monochrome version with very poor graphics and horrendous sound effects offered by Ocean Software.