- The definition of a hex is a witch, or a bad spell.
An example of a hex is a spell designed to bring bad luck to someone.
- Hex is defined as to cast a spell or a curse.
An example of hex is to conjure up a spell to bring bad luck to someone.
- Dial. a witch
- a sign, spell, etc. believed to bring bad luck
- a jinx
Origin of hexPennsylvania German hexe from German from Old High German hagazussa, akin to Old English hagtes: see hag
- An evil spell; a curse.
- One that brings bad luck.
transitive verbhexed, hex·ing, hex·es
- To put a hex on.
- To bring or wish bad luck to: “Chilly evening weather and a chain of minor snafus seemed to hex the $5,000-a-seat gala on Governors Island” ( Newsweek )
Origin of hexPennsylvania Dutch from German hexen to hex from Hexe witch from Middle High German hecse from Old High German hagzissa
- Form of hexa- used before a vowel.
hex - Computer Definition
See hexadecimal notation.
(HEXadecimal) Hexadecimal means 16. The base 16 numbering system is used as a shorthand for representing binary numbers. Each half byte (four bits) is assigned a hex digit as shown in the following chart with its decimal and binary equivalents. Hex values are identified with an "h" or dollar sign, thus $3E0, 3E0h and 3E0H all stand for the hex humber 3E0. See hex chart and hex editor. Base Base 16 10 2 16 10 2 Hex Dec Binary Hex Dec Binary 0 0 0000 A 10 1010 1 1 0001 B 11 1011 2 2 0010 C 12 1100 3 3 0011 D 13 1101 4 4 0100 E 14 1110 5 5 0101 F 15 1111 6 6 0110 7 7 0111 8 8 1000 9 9 1001