- of, or having the form of, a hexagon
- having a six-sided base or section: said of a solid figure
- designating or of a crystal system having three axes of equal length that intersect in the same plane so as to form six 60° angles and a fourth of any length that intersects the plane of the other three at a right angle
Origin of hexagonalMedieval Latin hexagonalis
- Having six sides.
- Containing a hexagon or shaped like one.
- Mineralogy Having three equal axes intersecting at angles of 60° in one plane and one axis of variable length that is perpendicular to the others.