herbage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- herbs collectively, esp. those used as pasturage; grass
- the green foliage and juicy stems of herbs
- Law the right of pasturing cattle on another's land
Origin: Fr: see -age
herbage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Herbaceous plant growth, especially grass or similar vegetation used for pasturage.
- The fleshy, often edible parts of plants.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French erbage, from erbe; see herb.